HESPERIA, CA – Newly minted Assemblyman Thurston “Smitty” Smith announced Monday that he has been appointed to serve on the following committees in the California State Assembly:
- Budget Committee
- Subcommittee on Climate Crisis, Resources, Energy, and Transportation
- Subcommittee on Budget Process, Oversight, and Program Evaluation
- Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials, Vice Chair
- Governmental Organization
- Jobs, Economic Development, and the Economy
- Military and Veterans Affairs
- Water, Parks, and Wildlife
Through these committee assignments, Smith will be representing our High Desert and Mountain communities in the statewide discussion.
“I am honored to contribute to the statewide conversation and advocate for our region in the State Assembly. First and foremost, we are going to get our local economy back on track, honor our law enforcement officers and get to work to fix the major backlog of claims at the EDD” said Assemblyman Thurston “Smitty” Smith.
The California State Assembly is scheduled to reconvene on January 4th where Assemblyman Smith will be a relevant voice for the High Desert and Mountain Communities for San Bernardino County.
Assemblyman Thurston “Smitty” Smith (R-Apple Valley) is a retired small business owner and a longtime advocate for California’s taxpayers. He is the former three-term mayor of Hesperia. Smitty and his wife, Margaret, have been residents of the 33rd Assembly District for over 32 years where they raised their two children together. Learn more about Smitty at: ad33.asmrc.org